Re: [DML] "DUHHH!!!!" at the gas pump

I have told this story to a few of you so forgive my repeating it for the
newbies.
I was traveling on I-40 a few years ago. Running about 83+ mph, I came over a
hill and saw the TN State trooper running radar. He flashed his lights and I
pulled over. I opened the door and looked up at a TN trooper that was 6'4".
His first statement was "So this is a Delorean, I have never seen one up
close". I took my time showing him the engine, trunk, and even told him it
was ok to sit in it and how to open the door. (I figured if he wasn't putting
ink to paper I was ok). He was amazed at the amount of headroom and the over
all feel of the car. Anyway, after about 10 min. talking about the car he
asked "Mr. Battles. I have one question when you go 88.5 mph do you go back
to the future?" I smiled and answered if I had reached that speed do you
think I would be talking to you now? He laughed and told me to drive safe. No
ticket, no warning, just a cop with a love of autombiles and a GREAT sense of
humor.
This is one case where the car itself talked me out of a ticket. You just got
to love living the dream!!!
Bruce Battles
Vin #06569
MTARNDO