Re: Height of Doors and Interior Color/Heat

Re: Height of Doors and Interior Color/Heat

Shannon

I drove a DeLorean every day in Houston for 10 years. The best thing
I did to get the most out of the AC, other than regular checkups on
the AC, was tint on the door windows. A GOOD uv blocking tint at
medium darkness. I also tinted the top of the windshield for about 4
inches - the distance from the top to the lower edge of the rear-
view mirror mount. The AC was then as effective as any car AC. The
most difficult time to cool off the car, of course, was after it set
outside for a while in the sun; just like any other car. But, the
windshield cover that goes over the outside was the most effective
for keeping out the heat through the windshield. It also kept the
dash from over heating and getting eaten by uv's.

As for the very thought of driving with the door open ? DON'T DO IT.
In a parade, OK. But, don't get into a habit of such a thing.
Experience and listening to entirely too many stories about damage
that just ruin your day tell me that you close the door, then move
the car. Even the slightest damage can screw up the door operation.
That's my advice.

Harold McElraft - 3354