RE: [DML] Height of Doors and Interior Color/Heat

RE: [DML] Height of Doors and Interior Color/Heat

HI Shannon,
I just measured mine. I am sure you will get all kinds of measurements as
different garage doors are built different and cars depend on the load, air
in the tires etc. But mine is a standard car, not lowered....with gas tank
half full and normal air in tires. It measures 71 inches from the floor to
the highest point of the door itself, which is the black trim molding....of
course then the RV mirrors stick out maybe another three inches. In MY
case the car will barely go in with the doors up but too close for
comfort...I never do it that way for fear of bouncing or going over a loose
board or something that would raise it too much.....
As to color of exterior and interior.....my brother was a car dealer most
of his life and when I visited him he would have me pick out a new car from
the outside lot to drive while I was there...He always said pick white or a
light color as black or dark colors are WAY hotter sitting in the sun all
day.....I dunno just HOW Stainless Steel comes in that picture.......we have
hot days here and it gets hot inside the car if it is sitting very long...I
have gray interior.
So take it from there!!
Murray
Vin: 05962