Re: Red Hot Exhaust / Melted Catalytic Converter

Re: Red Hot Exhaust / Melted Catalytic Converter

when i got my D i had a lot of work done on it. My cat guts were
pretty much dust. So, yes, the honeycomb can be destroyed, but from
what I hear its not very common.

Erik

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207 <brobertson@xxxx>"
<brobertson@xxxx> wrote:
> Am on Xmas vacation, so this is first time I've seen list all
week...

> It is indeed possible to melt the guts of a honeycomb style
catalytic
> converter. Not sure why (stuff has consistency of ceramic), but I
did
> so when my car ran too LEAN (remember guys: fuel cools. Until
Martin