Re: BTTF Widescreen DVD.

Perhaps it was done "quick and dirty" as Kevin said ... I didn't
recognize the name of the man with the accent who identifies himself as
the man behind the re-release of the films. Maybe they had a limited
budget; it would be interesting to find out -- anyone know much about
this, and how much Universal was willing to put into the thing? The only
promotional materials I saw were in the "smaller" music/DVD shops --
FYE, Sam Goody, Wherehouse Music, etc. I did see some online promotion
at Amazon.com.

BTW, I also have the "UHF" DVD, and as "Weird" Al says on that DVD, "The
scenes were deleted because ... they SUCK." Keep in mind that before
there were DVDs, nobody shot extra footage with a home-release in mind
(like Peter Jackson and his Lord of the Rings trilogy), and most scenes
which were cut from movies were cut for a very good reason.

Also keep in mind that, like most people's opinions of the DMC, they
either love the movies or hate them. Interesting parallel, that.

All right, no more off-topic posts until the end of the year. Happy
holidays, everyone ...

Regards,
Farrar