Re: [DML] Making Good Impressions Of Our Car...

Re: [DML] Making Good Impressions Of Our Car...

I've been reading the postings about the publicity of the DeLorean lately
and I'd like to chime in..

Hold on a second guys- DeLoreans are special to us, but to the rest of the
world the car is kind of a historical oddity. People have had all sorts of
reactions when they see the car, going from absolute positive to sometimes
absolute negative.

I drove my DeLorean to the local theater last night to see the Two Towers,
and I got lots of looks, thumbs up, "wow, cool car!", and other reactions.
No one asked me history or engineering questions, and for me to stand there
with a little pamphlet would make me look a lot like a religious solicitor
(no insult intended to anyone, just using the example) and not to mention
kind of foolish.

The VH1 thing intrigues me, I've been trying to think of a reaction for the
first person who comes up to me uses any terms concerning femine anatomy
towards my car. Oh how stupid I could make them look...

My point is this- we own our Deloreans mainly to enjoy them and live a
dream- not to sell the car to the public. I believe to own a DeLorean is own
it's oddball reputation, and there's no way around it.

I'm not trying to start any fights, just giving my opinion.

Eric Itzel
Vin # 04433
Sevierville, TN