Re: Rerelease Of The BTTF Trliogy

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxx>"
<jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> There was a program on TV this evening "Tinseltown Hoopala" that
> included an appereance by Christoper LLoyd dressed up as "Doc" and
> driving a BTTF car. I expect there will be a lot more prerelease
> publicity for the DVD rerelease.

Actually, that was one of Universal Studios Hollywood's in-park "Doc
Brown" impersonators, NOT actor Christopher Lloyd, appearing in the
BTTF float in the "Blockbuster Hollywood Christmas Spectacular"
parade broadcast on NBC Sunday evening.

Universal's ad campaign for the DVDs begins this week with television
spots during primetime series over the next few weeks, such as
"Alias", "That '70s Show", "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "CSI", "Ed",
"Angel", "Fraiser", "Will & Grace", "Everybody Loves Raymond", "7th
Heaven", "The Simpsons", and "The Bernie Mac Show", to name a few.

Also, beginning next Wednesday, December 18th, a trailer for the
discs will be attached to "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" for
four weeks in theaters.

Many Wal-Marts around the country are already sporting the banners &
standees for the rerelease, and by next Tuesday, everywhere you turn
you'll be seeing ads with DeLorean time machines.

Without a doubt, awareness of the car will certainly be at a level
not seen since the late '80s.

Stephen Clark
BTTF.com