Re: [DML] wet carpet pad

Josh

When I lived in Houston (lots of heavy rains)I and several D owners
would chase water leaks. For one leak with symptoms similar to yours
we found water actually coming in at the door seal where the curve
begins at the area of the light switches. The water would run down
the channel and come in under the seal at the curve and accumulate
in front of the seat. This was especially true if a seal was rotated
or replaced. A generous amount of black silicone under the seal for
about 5 or 6 inches before the bend and at the bend stopped the leak
every time.

The other leak sounds similar to ones we had when the drain to the
outside near the fuel pump cover would get blocked. The water would
fill up in the drain space until eventually the water would spill
into the air intake and then all over in the car. Usually out the
air feed at the fan motor that would of course eventually screw that
up.

There is a DeLorean bulletin about finding leaks that is in one of
the manuals that DMC, Grady and others have available. That is a
good help also.

Have success, Harold McElraft 3354