Re: Refinishiung the Glove Box Lid

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, doctorDHD@xxxx wrote:
> I just refinished my binnacle and dash board with a grey vinyl. It
was alot
> of work but many people I've taked to say it looks quite good. The
question
> I have is about the glove box lid whisch I am deciding just how to
complete.
> Has anyone refinished this themselves? Has anyone drilled out the
pop
> rivets? How would I be able to reassemble it?
>
> Dave
> 6530

Hi Dave.

congratulations on your new dash board finish. I agree with you that
it's a lot of work. The glove box cover isn't nearly as bad. I did
mine, and it came out all right.

Drilling out the rivets is the place to start. Be very careful not
to drill too hard. It would be easy to accidentally pierce the front.
The rivets are 1/8 inch.

The little concave recess, which holds the latch mechanism ( which
must be removed prior to recovering) is the hardest area to get good
adhesion.

After recovering, you can rerivet the back plate, and that'll be
that. I'm sure if you can manage the dash, you can manage the glove
box.

Rick Gendreau

11472