One Year Of Ownership

Hello Everyone,

In roughy two weeks it will be my birthday, as well as my one
year ownership of 10140. I bought her a year ago and a poorly
stored garage wreck. She was is such bad mechanical condition that
i had to pull her out of the garage with a truck because her brakes
had rusted together. Her clutch and preasure plate was rusted
together, and fuel system has 13 year old gas still in the tank.
After the first 2 months i took her for her first trip around my
development, although she was smoking terribly and barely made it,
it was the best 1 minute trip of my life. Currently my car is in
excellant mechanical shape, and is in daily driveable condition if
need be. I would take my car anywhere with complete confidence. I
brought back to life a car that would have continued to rot away in
a garage. Ownership on my car was a great accomplishment in my
young life, but being able to restore a dead car made the trip so
much better.

There were many times through my adventure when i felt that i was
never going to get the car going or running correctly. At some
points i felt so compelled to sell the car due to frustration. So
my patientence, intelligence and my discover card helped me make it
to the end. I have done everything on the car myself, minus
changing the tires and installing a rear glass panel. Anyone who has
ever seen me with my car at gatherings i'm always smiling and take
great pride in my accomplishment.

I would just like to thank everyone on the list who has offered
me advice. Personal thank yous go out to Rob Grady and all of his
staff, David Teitabulm (sorry bout the spelling) for alot of advice
and for adjusting my door, and Matt Olans and Jim Reeve for helping
me get feathered into my local group.

Lasty, to all of you out there who have a project they have been
putting off, go ahead and try it. I am a young 20 year old person
and have been more hten able to bring a dead car back to life. I
have even have developed some new items, like braid ss fuel
accumulator lines, my new 140 amp alternator that is smaller then
mos ti have seen and a easy to build fan module. Remeber trying is
better then leaving something undone or broken, wether to fix it
sucessfuly or not.

Cheers!
-Shain Brannan