Re: [DML] Delorean parts

In a message dated 10/20/02 8:39:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
hecklerkochgmbh@xxxx writes:

> As for buying totally original DeLorean parts give me a break, if you think
> you must have original parts you are just wasting money.Valuing originality
> over function is ridiculous in a car that didnt stay in production long
> enough to get all the bugs out.I refuse to put in an original part if the
> new one performs better and lasts longer.

There aren't really any original DeLorean parts in the engine bay besides the
air filter housing and a couple other odds and ends. the price of the parts
from the vendors is more or less the same price that the parts cost from a
Volvo source or wherever you want to get your 'cheaper' stuff from. for the
most part, these parts are harder to get locally than they are over the phone
with Grady or DMCJoe or whoever you choose. a lot of the engine control
stuff isn't as common as you'd think. Not only that but NOT all parts are
created equal. the fuel distributer is quite unique to the DeLorean, and the
pin in it makes a matched set. do not count on crossovers because sometimes
they work, sometimes they definitely do not!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102