[DML] Service with a Frown

I understand that the Delorean is an unusual vehicle and that others have
had problems getting service, but I never knew it would be difficult to get
an oil change. My local "Kwik Lube" absolutely refused to touch my car
today, even for a state inspection. Why? "They're too expensive if
something goes wrong." They were unimpressed when I told them that the DMC
was actually cheaper than the other cars of mine that they've worked on, and
equally unimpressed when I informed them that those other cars would not be
returning.

Fortunately, I found a Texaco down the street that was more than happy to
work on it. They thought my being there was odd since they'd had another
Delorean in a few weeks ago (anyone here?) for service. I was a little
concerned at first ("Sure we'll work on a Delorean, it's just a
Chrysler...") but the service manager assured me that they knew what they
were doing. In fact, they knew about the female oil-drain plug and offered
to drill it and replace it with a standard one, but I opted not. Of course,
the tech doing the inspection looked in my trunk for the engine....

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695