JDZs Patent "Transportation system, vehicle and method"

JDZs Patent "Transportation system, vehicle and method"

JZD has several patents. I'll post them individually, just the abstracts and pertinent information. If you want the whole patent, contact me directly.

United States Patent 5,359,941
DeLorean November 1, 1994
Transportation system, vehicle and method

Abstract
A transport assembly for use, for example, in mass transportation, comprises a track and a frame mounted to the track for motion therealong, the frame including a housing which defines a traction chamber in communication with the track. At least one traction wheel is rotatably mounted to the frame in friction contact with the track. The traction wheel is at least partially disposed in the traction chamber. A car with a passenger compartment is coupled to the frame via a shock absorbing linkage so that the car is substantially isolated from irregularities in the track during motion of the frame and the car along the track. A suction source is operatively connected to the housing for generating a vacuum in the traction chamber during motion of the frame and the car along the track. A drive mounted to the frame is operatively connected to the traction wheel for drivingly rotating the wheel to propel the frame and the car along the track.

Bob Hlavacek, Patent Agent
rah@xxxx
10961