Lockzilla is the best product of it's kind!

Lockzilla is the best product of it's kind!

I saw the Zila thread and wanted to make a few comments.

A good car battery will discharge just by sitting with nothing hooked
to it. Even if you have a disconnect switch the battery will still
slowly discharge.

With modern cars and attachments i.e. radios, alarms, Lockzillaz etc.
there is additional discharging that is put on a battery. This
nominal drain on the battery is normal and usually undetectable
because the charging system (when functioning properly) recharges the
battery each time we drive it.

Problems start to appear when the car sits, which is the case with
most Deloreans.

Two important facts about new car batteries.
1. Just because it is new does not make it a good battery
2. Usually cars with new batteries that have this type of discharge
problem (and the battery is tested and confirmed good)have a small
problem with a simple solution. The real problem is the battery is
not fully charged!

Most people don't ever fully charge the batteries on their cars.
Cars that just sit tend to get a quick charge but not a full charge.

The Solution to the problem is a float charger cost $10-50 dollars
(the $10 one works just fine BTW)The float charger puts out about 50
MA and keeps the battey charge toped off but does not boil of the
electrolyte (cook the battery) THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS A TRICKLE
CHARGER!

The proper way to use a float charger (and nobody does this) is to
first fully charge the battery and then use the float charger to
maintain the fully charged battery.

Hank, try to slow charge your battery for 24 ?48 hours. The
battery will have in the range of 85AH (ampere hours) on it. If your
only discharge on this battery is 30 MA at the end of 2 months the
battery will still have about half it's capacity (which is
typical of
what many cars drive around with) enough charge to start the car
(assuming it is a good battery).

As far as Bob and the Zila products go. Most people have no idea of
the painstaking efforts that have gone into the Zilla Products. The
time, money, effort and aggravation to make them the best products of
their kind. Not only does it have to pass Bob's standards but
then they need to pass Rob Gradys requirements also. Some of the
products have had years of design and prototyping before they get
released tothe DeLorean world to be sold. Bob Zilla builds parts that
are second to none. If people knew the work Bob put into bringing
only the best products possible (and standing behind every product he
ever sold BTW). I think most people would agree Bob has the right to
feel a little defensive about a thread that infers (intentionally or
by accident) that any of the Zilla products are not the top quality in
every way.

If the sounds like a plug for Bob or the Zilla products my apologies
I just stated the facts, as I know them.

WHAT I WILL PLUG IS THE 3RD ANNUAL DELOREAN FALL FOLIAGE TOUR!
ITS IN LESS THEN TWO WEEKS OCT 19TH AND 20TH

Please e-mail me if you are planing to attend or need more
information turbodmc@xxxx

Regards,

Mike D.