Re: Paint for wheels (go with powder-coating)

Re: Paint for wheels (go with powder-coating)

Jamie,

I would highly recommend powder coating over painting OEM Delorean
wheels, as Steve mentioned. It is also important to note that the
wheels should be completely stripped, then "pre-baked" to insure
the impurities have been removed from all the bare and oxidized areas
of the wheels. When powder coating, make sure the entire wheel is
coated, leaving no bare areas for moisture to get under the coating.

Epoxy painting is another option but has it's own drawbacks, such as
reduced durability on aluminum versus using the same epoxy on steel
and it can be extremely difficult to remove from narrow creases when
it does eventually need to be removed and redone.

Later,
Rich W.