Re: Radio Bracket reproduction (was: New Fuel Gauge Sending Units...)

Re: Radio Bracket reproduction (was: New Fuel Gauge Sending Units...)

> I do have one question though on anothet part that
> DMC Humble is reproducing...the Radio mounting bracket.
> Why aren't they painted or powder coated black?

I'd like to know this too. When I did my installation allmost
2 years ago I cut up my existing bracket to take my
DIN-sized head unit. Hacking this up was quite some
work and not something I'd really like to do myself.

Two weeks ago I installed a new radio into a car of a
fellow Dutch owner as a favor; I had experience ;-)
He had bought a reproduction, but had to paint it himself
too. When we started installing it we also found that
it would rattle considerably; the poprivets were not
tight enough so I had to tighten them...
The originals are spot welded.

Over all the bracket is quite OK, but for $125,- I would
have expected the front bit to at least be black.
The fit of all the holes and such was perfect,
allthough we had to elongate the DIN-slot about 3mm
to get the sleeve for mthe radio to fit properly.

The guy I did the installation for would have left the front
bare Aluminium if his radio had been like that too.
Unfortunately it had a black front panel...

Cheers,

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000