Re: [DML] Delco Alternator ( Final )

Steve, I ended my statement buy saying:

( I just don't understand why we have to be so cheap.).

We spend a lot of hard earned money on our cars and I understand where your
coming from. Why do you think I build parts and supply high quality parts at
a sayings. Were all trying to do that and even the Dealer shops are trying to
do that. But, we were talking about the alternator.
I know how critical the alternator it is to the performance and durability of
the car. I listen to all the problems that shops call me about and D owners
that call with the electrical problems. Poor performance, lights dimming,
lose of power when the fans cut on and so on. And I tell them all about the
same thing. You have to have a good alternator and battery to make things
work. That's the heart of the system.
Marginal may not cut it.
I don't think saving money is bad, but to me and being in the electronics
industry for 24 years, I told lot's of people. Why turn on a $25,000.00 piece
of equipment with a .29 cent low bid switch.
Keep up the restoration work. I've got two to do myself.
John
P.S. I don't require a core on alternators either. Cost to much in freight to
transport back and fourth. But I will say this. Cores will normally average
$25.00 ea. But the Motorola's we have I don't even want to rebuild.

<< without a core. If I started to buy them from him with no cores he
would start loosing since he wouldn't have those cores coming in to
rebuild to replenish his supply. You can get alternators without a
coreâjust have to pay a core charge (or give them your original D's
alternator, they sometimes accept that).

Bottom line, it's just another choice for someone to doâthat's all.
People will do what they want with theirs cars.

I'm done venting.

Steve ("The unfit delorean owner" according to Mr. Hervey) >>