Re: holy frazzled speedo cables, batman

My guess is that at one time someone replaced the speedo cable. Speedo
cables are wound in a direction. If the are then used, turning in the
wrong direction, they will unwind. This is why it is always best to
try to get your parts from one of the Delorean venders.Yes you can
always go to a local shop and they can make up a speedo cable for you
but you have a 50/50 chance of this happening to you. The Delorean
venders know what it takes to get you parts that will work having a
long experience working exclusivly on Deloreans. That "cheap" part you
buy localy can get expensive when it goes bad and you have to get what
you need from a Delorean vender anyway.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "K Creason" <dmc4687@xxxx> wrote:
> You wouldn't believe what I found in my speedo cable. It was
becoming
> unraveled INSIDE the cable.
>
> I thought just the cable in the angle drive broke-- but nope. I
pulled lower