Re: [DML] storage

In a message dated 9/14/02 12:20:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
vin4258@xxxx writes:

> I would like everyones opinion on how I should store my car this
> winter. Should I put it on blocks to get the weight off of the
> suspension, or half way up or what? What else should I do beside
> unhooking the battery and putting fuel stabilizer in?

Hello,

if you are positive you are taking your car out of storage next spring, and
only plan on storing the car for maybe 5-6 months, then all you need to do is
find a place that is secure and will keep the rodents away (like a
self-storage lot), gas the car up, put some fuel stabilizer in the car and
run it for a bit, and just park it. i always park on some carpet to keep
moisture away. put the windows down a crack to avoid musky odors, and just
let her sit until the snow melts away. 5 months isn't that long and if your
car is half decent, it will start right up in march w/o a hiccup. i wouldn't
worry about anything else.

good luck!
Andy

Soma576@xxxx