New radio install

Lessons Learned:

I recently installed a new radio/cd player in my DeLorean. I snipped off the old harness from the radio and wired it into the new radio.

Problem: Every time I try to turn up the volume on the radio it starts cutting out. Apparently the old harness connection plugs are worn out and don't make enough contact to pass enough current to power the new radio.

Solution: Connect the Battery and Accessories radio connections directly to the Battery and Accessories wire connections before they go into the harness connection, bypassing the harness connector.

Dave Sontos