Re: [DML] Starting problem

On Sunday, September 1, 2002, at 11:53 AM, BDM wrote:

My DeLorean was stalled recently and would not start. As it turned out the fuel pump was not properly grounded. After a complete diagnosis with the excellent help from Steve and Warren from DeLorean Motors in Houston via cell phone, I discovered that the plug in the left front fender well was "charred" and the fuel pump "ground" was lost . This plug is located inside the left front fender where the windshield bottle is located.
<<<snip>>>
But this plug is definitely a potential problem that should be anticipated in our DeLoreans.

This is good advice. This plug is also a good place to look if you are having *any* strange problem with front-clip electrics. This includes weak windshield washer pump, flaky headlights and turn-signal "fast flash" syndrome in the absence of bad bulbs. The charring that Bobby mentioned was likely caused by high current through dirty contacts in the connector (the same thing that happens in the fuse box). Cleaning and tightening the pins in this connector is good hygiene.

-Pete