Starting problem

My DeLorean was stalled recently and would not start. As it turned out the fuel pump was not properly grounded. After a complete diagnosis with the excellent help from Steve and Warren from DeLorean Motors in Houston via cell phone, I discovered that the plug in the left front fender well was "charred" and the fuel pump "ground" was lost . This plug is located inside the left front fender where the windshield bottle is located. You must jack the car up and remove 8 or 9 bolts then drop the bottle and the plugs. My plug was charred on 2 wires and I merely clipped both wires and replaced them with single connectors. Afterwards the car fired right up and now runs perfectly.

If you are having intermittent starting problems or a complete failure then this plug should be examined. Of course you should first examine the inertia switch, rpm relay and the ceramic connectors in the engine compartment first. But this plug is definitely a potential problem that should be anticipated in our DeLoreans.

Many thanks to Steve and Warren at DeLoren Motor Company in Houston for their patience and help over the last several days for helping me fix this problem.

Bobby Mims
Tyler, Texas