Re: Specialty Auto (was RE: Pacific Rim and John Lane ( Short ))

Re: Specialty Auto (was RE: Pacific Rim and John Lane ( Short ))

***** Moderator's Note *****
A quick search for "specialty auto" from google turns up
over 2800 hits, and searching the yellow pages in Minnesota
alone came up with 9 hits. Neither name is unique, and it is
unfortunate that we have two active vendors in the DeLorean
community with very similar names for their businesses. This
is a subject that John and Darryl need to work out between
themselves, since business name changes are a very big deal.
With this in mind, I am going to end this discussion until
Darryl and John want to solicit input from the list.

Mike G Moderator of the Week
*****

John,
Darryl has been around sine the mid 80's selling Delorean parts
under the Specialty Auto name. He may not have not gotten on the web
with an online store until recently but his name and business has
been around quite some time now..how long has your buissnes been
around with that name? Just because you decided the drop the "Y" out
of Specialty doesn't mean it's an original name. I can understand if
Darryl may be irate. When I first heard of Specialty Auto I thought
the two were the same company until I started to hear differently
from other Delorean vendors and people in the Delorean community. I
don't know why you chose to have similar names (lack of
originality?) but that's your business. I mean how would it look if
I opened up a Delorean parts business and decided to call
it "Delorean Motor Coach of Houston" (DMC Houston) or P.G Grady? I
don't think it would go over very well as both parties would get
extremely Irate and possibly take legal action against me. What I'm
saying is have some originality and come up with YOUR unique name
that you can build YOUR reputation on. As it is now I can guarantee
you that there are some Delorean owners out there who are NOT on the
DML think that You and Darryl are one and the same when the hear the
name.

Steve

P.S Yes I know it's a free country and people can do as they wish so
spare me that quote.

<SNIP>
>Have a nice Day.
> John Hervey
> The only Special T Auto.com. on the Internet
>

> << >>I also had a bad experience with Mr. Lane, He didn't read the
> instructions
> with the alternator I sold a person and he burned up two of them.
He didn't
> hook up the brown/yellow light wire and burned up two regulators.
It seems