Re: left fender info

Mark,

I have heard several stories over the years and there is one that
does sound more feasible than the others. Not sure where or when
I heard this story first, but I think I heard it again recently,
being told by a former DMC employee at the Houston pre-open house
event last August. As the story goes, numerous crates of right
front fenders were marked as left front fenders when sent to the
DMC plant in Ireland. The fender inventory was "counted" while
the fenders were still enclosed in the crates, so there was no
visual verification, only the anticipated numbers and type were
recorded. It was only later when KAPAC acquired the remaining parts
from the factory that some crates were identified as containing
right front fenders instead of left front fenders.

Note this is only a brief summary of the story behind the myth.

Later,
Rich W.