Re: NO START ... update.. still need help! :)

Re: NO START ... update.. still need help! :)

If your exhaust is glowing that is a sign that the engine is running
overrich. Do not continue to operate as this will damage the CAT. It
would have been best if you didn't mess with the mixture screw. Try to
put it back in it's origional position if you can. Make sure the cold
start valve is shutting down, in fact after it starts remove the plug
from it. Again make sure there are no vacuum leaks, it sounds like you
are making the mixture too rich to compensate for vacuum leaks which
tend to lean the air-fuel ratio. Make sure there is a plug on the
mixture unit over the mixture adjusting screw, with the plug missing
there is a huge vacuum leak.
David Teitelbuam
vin 10757