Re: Goodyear tires

DO NOT GO BY THE PRESSURE ON THE TIRE! This pressure is the maximum
pressure that can be put into a cold tire for the maximun load
carrying capacity of the tire. This is NOT the recomended inflation
pressure for the proper ride and handling as determined by the factory
engineers of the car. For the correct tire pressures all auto
manufacturers are required to attach a load label with the recommended
pressures, tire sizes and vehicle weight and capacity. On the Delorean
this label is on the inside of the door for the glove box. FYI the
front tires are to be 23 psi, the rears 30 psi and the spare 60 psi.
If you have changed the tires to a different size then on the label
then you should be no more than 5 psi above or below. NEVER exceed the
tire pressure on the side of the tire, always check tire pressures
when cold, driven less than 3 miles or after at least 3 hours. Tire
pressure should be checked monthly or before a long trip. Do not trust
a visual inspection for tire pressure, you to use an accurate pressure
gauge. This advice is good for all automotive applications.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757