Re: [DML] Re: Goodyear tires

that number on the tire is not what you inflate to. you go by the vehicle mfg
suggestion. example... tires on a mustang.... the tire says 40 psi... the plate on the
car says 32 psi.... run with the 40 psi and you will wear the middle of the tread out of
the tire..... run with 20 psi and you will wear the outside tread off the tire. the
vehicle mfg weight is what determines the pressure of the tire, not the psi number on
the tire. if this was true about the psi number on the tire almost all of us would be
wearing out our tires prematurely. by the way i learned this changing tires at a
goodyear store that i worked at for over 2 years.

later
mark