Re: Headlamp switch

On 01-08-2002, Joseph wrote:

> I searched the archives and found nothing
> on the headlamp switch melting.

I didn't search as I KNOW this has come up at least once:
I had a similar problem and posted pictures of what had happened:
ights+Master+Switch>

> I am wondering if there is an upgrade or a fix or
> should I ask for a replacement for this "defective" switch.

I came up with an upgrade to prevent this from happening again too,
but you DO have to get a new Lights Master Switch...
Have a look at:
<http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/lightrelays.html>

The contacts seem to get to the point of melting the plastic due
to dust and/or debris from the sliding of the (non lubricated)
contacts over each others' surfaces...

Hope this helps, want to know more,
drop me an email...

JAN van de Wouw