Re: tough transmission again

The best thing you can do is to just dissassemble the linkage, inspect
for worn, bent parts, lubricate, reassemble and adjust according to
the procedure in the Workshop Manual. You may find the pivot bolt is
bent and on the verge of breaking. NEVER force into gear, if it does
not shift easily fix before it breaks.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "tmpintnl" <tobyp@xxxx> wrote:
> Willie - In addition to spraying the linkage that is visible through
> the shifter boot opening, and from underneath the car at the front
of
> the transmission, you need to lubricate the large cable that goes
from
> the shifter to the transmission. This cable does all of the
> side-to-side work, while the rod does the front-to-back and rotating
> work. It sounds like you have most of the problem in the
side-to-side