[DML] i quit?

Ah, the moderators strike back! Nice shot, red two!

I think that both the moderators and defecting list members both have
legitimate claims. We have to understand that the moderators have a job
to do. It's more work than I put into this list, and I'm sure there is a
fair amount of drivel that gets sent to the list and is sifted out.
Still, many DMLers have legitimate claims about messages disappearing or
being rejected, me included. It is especially upsetting when only one
DMLers opinions and inflammatory comments land straight on the list, and
the opposing opinions are sifted out. I think the moderation needs a
little work in this area to provide a more consistent quality of message.

I am particularly upset with the list because of the amazing amount of
negative energy that follows significant Delorean modification. This is
the age old debate between the purists and the modifiers. The modifiers
are not enraged about the purists keeping their car stock, why are the
purists so upset about modification. I can see why someone that owns a D
with a known history and know their exact mileage want to keep it stock.
There are many examples of good collector cars, but you must also realize
that there are many cars that have absolutely zero value as a collector
car. If not for collector reasons, why keep the original
engine/transmission if one has reasonable means to change them? Now I
can already hear people chime in- "the engine is reliable if maintained
correctly!". That's marvelous if you have the ability to claim a car
with good maintenance, but all D's are not peaches and creme. Like
checksix, I have had many days that I wish I DID have a helicopter and an
airshow to go to.... Now if I could only get the car to move it's butt
out of the garage!

For this reason alone I will at least join the new DMCForum.. There are
a bunch of people here that have a lot of knowledge and helpful insight
on the Delorean. Even though these people clearly have their preferences
about what a DMC12 should be, they do not sell those opinions as fact,
and I appreciate that. Three names that come to mind are Walter Coe,
Dave Teitelbaum and DMC Joe. I'm sure there are more, if you thing you
belong in this group, I mean you too. I invite these people to join the
new Forum; your dedication is complementary and would be appreciated
wherever it might be found.

TMASIN, as far as percentages go, I am baffled there are over 1000 people
on this list- I'd be amazed if there are more than 50 people that post
here regularly.

IN2TIME, to answer your question, I can honestly say that I have not
SIGNIFICANTLY benefitted from the DML. A little bit of thought,
understanding, reading the manual, or an ounce of research on the web
could answer 95% of the questions posted here.

Everyone who is ragging on Walt about not quitting, shut up. He's gone.

Jim
1537