Car modifications/aftermarket wheels, was: i quit?

Car modifications/aftermarket wheels, was: i quit?

I am particularly upset with the list because of the amazing amount of
negative energy that follows significant Delorean modification. This is
the age old debate between the purists and the modifiers.
....<snip>

Not really a "significant" modification, but I found it interesting.

When listing my car for sale, the number one question asked by ALL interested parties was:

"Do you still have the original wheels?" "If I don't want the aftermarket wheels would you be willing to come down in price?"

This boggles my mind. The few DMC owners on the list who have upgraded to a modern wheel can attest that the car is COMPLETELY different to drive with 15/16's or even 16/17's. Handling is better, response is better, etc. Not to mention that the car as a whole, in my opinion, looks about 100 times better. Those early 80's "turbine" wheels are just plain ugly, and impossible to keep clean.

My car is still availble for sale, BTW. '81, 5sp, flap, black int. Yes, I still have the original wheels. Yes, I will sell it without the aftermarkets. :)

http://www.stup.net/delorean
--
http://www.stup.net/corey