radio replacement questions - alpine

I've decided that I can no longer live with the sound of my stock Craig
radio, and I'm looking to upgrade. I need a unit that has an AUX input for
my mp3 player (a Rio Riot - awesome machine btw!). I've found the Alpine
CDA-7892 which looks like it will suit my needs well. I searched the
archives but couldn't find any recent info. Has anyone installed one of the
recent/current Alpine decks, and if so, how hard/easy was it? Any comments
on this particular Alpine deck?

I've also decided to cut up the mounting bracket, rather than buy a new one.
But that raises an interesting question: While the DIN mount brackets are
available ($$$), has anyone thought of making a small bracket to go the
other way? I mean a bracket you could mount in the DIN opening to allow the
stock Craig radio to be re-installed?

thanks,
-Hank Eskin #1619