Re: [DML] Walt quitting

> Let me get this straight - You quit the list because of a lot of
> misinformation, yet you want LESS moderation?!?

I don't quit the list because of misinformation. However, the list
moderators' feeble attempts at recognizing & warning their flock of any such
misinformation has always been a source of amusement.

I quit the list because of unreasonable censorship by "moderators" who use
inconsistent, illogical & precarious standards for what they do.

I quit the list because posts that seem appropriate to many list members are
deleted without notice.

I quit the list because posts that do make it through are sometimes edited
for content in such a way that it changes the author's intent. This is done
without warning from the moderators. Ever consider also inserting the
following warning? [Moderator note - the content of this post has been
modified from it's original form. It has been changed by the whim of
someone who does not clairvoyantly understand the intent of the original
contributor. Any original meaning may be lost.]

I quit the list because the censorship often prevents well-meaning people
from asking appropriate on-topic questions. And when it doesn't, the
censorship often prevents well-meaning people from appropriately responding.

I also quit the list because the "moderators" offer no consolation for their
actions and not only to me but evidently to everyone. They act with
impunity and maintain an attitude that demonstrates this point over and
over. It is not unlike dealing with a child who has been given too much
authority.

The moderators have now completely demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt
that the DML is at best a sugar-coated anemic forum for "select" posts. The
censorship prevents good people with pure motives from participating in what
would otherwise be an open discussion forum.

If you fail to recognize this, then you probably don't post very often if at
all. And if you are one of the moderators and fail to see this then I
seriously pity you and especially anyone who depends on you for their
personal welfare. If you treat them like you treat the rest of us, you
probably have a very unhappy family if you can keep a family at all. I am
shocked that so many "moderators" working together can all share this same
attitude.

Walt Tampa, FL