Re: [DML] I quit. (issues)

It's too bad that people give up when other people step on their pet peeves.
I will try to keep this short, brief, and to the point.
1)I have had similar issues with moderators. If a message gets denied,
always let the sender know why. Don't let it disappear. Moderating should
be used to control fighting and to keep things civil, not for eliminating a
thread which the moderator thinks is useless (see Webster's).
2)People are smart enough to figure out which messages are helpful and
the not so helpful. Even I am guilty of misinformation that I thought was
right (remember the halon issue?). Just simply disregard the ones you don't
like or that doesn't apply. You don't need a moderator for that. Nor do
you need one to determine 'realistic' messages.
3) I don't think Walt is a bad guy. I just think he is an extravert who
likes to get his ideas and opinions out there. Just remember that the
issues that he has is with the moderators and not the list members (read
below, as he never had an issue with a list member). However, I think
dealing with the situation and addressing the problem to correct it and
sticking with it makes a better man than quitting. (Let me get this right:
You subscribe and read, and you'll only answer privately unless you get
stepped on. How is this quitting again?) If you want to whine and moan as
to why you can't cuss, then you need to move on.
4) Last but certainly not least: Ken, you are the one with the
testicular fortitude to run this and I salute you for that. Without you, we
wouldn't have this mailing list. Whiners and moaners need to come up to
this or create your own list. Then again, why try to reinvent the wheel.
Stop spending your energy complaining and use it productively. In the
meantime, for crying out loud, keep the laughing and joking coming! The
crazy cop and flux capacitor stories are hysterical! Not to mention the
poetry! Now that would make me mad, a returned joke. Nothing is worse than
a bunch of stiff stick in the muds trying to be professional on an informal
list! Hang loose and have fun.
I'll see you on the list and at the shows!

Not so short, sorta simple, but to the point!

-Mike A.