Re: [DML] DeLorean Jumpstarting.

I was unaware of this too, except when I worked at a car dealership a few
years ago, I was sent to jump start a customer's vehicle. I've always jump
started other cars by having the cables on the battery terminals of the
running vehicle, and on the stalled car I hook one to the positive terminal,
and one on the frame or engine block as a ground. The customer I went to
rescue basically told me I was stupid and that the live vehicle had to be
grounded and the dead one hooked up to both battery terminals. He said if I
did it my way it would blow up. I kept quiet since I didn't want to argue,
but was surprised when his method actually worked. Is this safe? I know it
seems to work but I don't want to risk hurting the DeLorean in any way if I
have to use his method. It just goes against all of the instructions I've
been shown all my life.

payne