RPM-relay modification

Hello all,

As promised I have now put pictures of my RPM-relay modification up.
They can be found at <http://members.home.nl/delorean/rpm/>

The fist picture shows the new external relay sitting next to the
housing of the RPM-module, taped and screwed together.
The second picture shows the case removed from the module
with the relay allready attached.

On the third picture the wiring can clearly be seen;
the green wires carry the current for the fuelpump and main fuel relay,
the blue wires feed the coil of the new relay and the little gray
wire on the PCB probved nessecary for making everything work.
It turned out that the original relay also functioned as a bridge
to supply power from pin 15 to the 555 timer IC.

At the bottom corner you can see the old contacts; I snipped them off,
since reoving them from the PCB would mean damaging it and all is
out of sight, so who cares...

Half an hour of fidgeting saved me allmost $65,- so to me it was worth
it; my car now runs better that it has for a long time...
Any questions are welcome,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000