[DML] Re: Transmission change

It is possible to change from auto to manual or manual to auto. Even
though it is possible I think that it is much more sensible to
consider selling the car and buying one in the configuration you
prefer. It will take a lot of time to get all of the hardware,
brackets, etc to do the job or use a "donor" car for the parts. It
will take some time too with most of it under the car. Consider what
your car is worth and what it will cost for all the parts and look
around and see what it will cost to get a car just the way you want.
>From an economics point of view it doesn't make sense to do the
conversion.
Now if you are considering swapping in something different then
O.E.M. you are heading into uncharted territory where few have gone.
Expect to spend a lot more then you origionally budjet and still not
be happy with the results.
I think going from auto to manual is the harder way because of the
additional work under the instrument panel changing the pedals.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757