Re: [DML] Transmission and Oil question

Could you enlighten me on what is so bad to let your engine run a minute or
two before driving. Ideally, it is a good idea to give the engine a few
seconds to let the oil circulate throughout the components and to get a
cycle going but 10 seconds is enough. Another thought: driving away
immediately is fine. Leaving a residue of rubber in the parking lot with a
cold engine is another. Why do you think that engines have a specific
operating temperature that can burn us? This is where the engine will
perform its best. Even Indy cars, some of the most extreme cars in the
world, are given plenty of time to warm up before they even move! This is
an extreme of course. Just avoid extreme driving while it's (the engine) is
cold.

I will agree with you on the 3000 Mi. issue. A friend of mine had a theory:
The reason why people tell you to change the oil every 3000 miles is so you
notice it at 3000 and get it done after 6000!

My 2 bids (25 cents),
Mike A.