Re: [DML] Driver Door lights

Scott,

I agree with John. Most likely you have a short to ground. Where I would
start looking for it is inside the door particularly in two places:
1) Where the main wiring harness comes though under the window.
2) Where the end of the harness heads south to the window regulator motor.

At the first place, the factory installs a piece of foam that turns to
powder with age. The idea with it is to protect the wires from the sharp
edges of the stainless. Replace the factory foam with a piece of foam water
pipe insulation (3/8" ID) and file the sharp edges down.

At the second place, this is where the electrical connection is to the door
lights & window regulator. I've seen a problem at this spot on a friend's
DeLorean where the sharp edges of the stainless cut through one of the wires
going to the window motor. By the time I noticed it, the wire was half
burnt through. (I was in the door fixing an unrelated problem.) In your
case, all you need is a path to ground to make the lights stay on, and the
short could very well be here.

Walt