Re: [DML] Transmission and Oil question

The original specifications called for 20w50 oil in warm climates.
Lubricants have improved in the 20 years since so 5w30 may be ok but I've
used Mobile One 15w50 synthetic ever since it was available and have never
experienced a problem. Slick 50, in my opinion, would best describe the
marketing guru that sells it. If engine durability could be had in a bottle
the auto manufacturers would have gobbled it up years ago. Warranty costs
are a major detriment to the profitability of the car companies and they'll
do anything they can do to reduce that cost. I don't think additives like
Slick 50 will do any harm but I do feel they're a total waste of money.

Bruce Benson