Re: [DML] stainless louvers

> Has anyone out there made SS louvers before?

Mike,

There is a manufacturer in Spain who has made SS louvers. I have been an
e-mail pen pal with the guy for quite some time. I've never seen one of
these in person, but have been told quite a lot about them by the maker.
Being made of metal, these are quite a lot heavier than the originals and
require stronger struts. There were many complicating factors that stopped
them from continuing to make them:
1) they are expensive to begin with.
2) they are very heavy and of course big making them awkward and expensive
to ship.
3) there are import taxes and fees that can also be excessive.

There have been around 15 shipped to the US, but I have yet to see one at
any of the shows. I think that all of them were powdercoated black, so you
won't recognize one at a casual glance.

They still have the patterns/forms/jigs, etc to make more, so if you are
willing to pay the price, I'm sure they will be glad to make a one-off for
you.

Their web site address is: http://www.delorean-steel-products.com/

Walt