Re: [DML] Re: Coolant

In a message dated 7/17/02 5:52:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
dmcman73@xxxx writes:

> There are a few types such as one squeeze a rubber bulb to suck some
> antifreeze into a chamber that has a meter on it (nothing fancy, no
> electronics just all plastic pieces) and the other are test strips
> that you dip into the antifreeze and they change color to determine
> the strength.
>
> Steve

At my work, we have a spectrograph which can give you the antifreeze
protection level to the nearest degree. you take one drop from the radiator
and put it on a glass screen, the hold the device up to the light, and a
shadow will appear on a scale of temperatures on the viewfinder, giving you
the info you need.

also remember to always test the antifreeze from the radiator and NOT from
the radiator reservior/expansion tank ( the antifreeze in there usually
festers and doesn't get circulated and will give you an inaccurate reading).
unfortunately the DeLorean doesn't have a removable radiator cap and we have
no choice, however i believe the antifreeze in the header bottle is ok
because of the circulation design.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596