Re: Transmission

The first things to do are to check the fluid level in the trans and
then go over the adjustments for the shifter as per the Workshop
Manual. If these quick and easy steps won't do it then the trans will
be comming out, something is worn or broken inside like a roll pin.
Make sure the clutch master and slave aren't leaking and are bled
of air completly. Do you still have the origional plastic hose going
from the master to the slave? If you do, replace it with a braided
steel line.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, BondAtomic@xxxx wrote:
> Hello
> My transmission, after a little bit of driving, has been giving me
trouble.
> After taking it out, and driving it through the gears, reverse,
first, and
> sometimes second start to either grind or resist movement into the
gear.
> Reverse always grinds after being driven, and first and sometimes
second does
> the resisting. We replaced the clutch slave cylinder last year, and
it has
> been full with fluid ever since. For the first 15 to 20 minutes the
DMC