Re: Braided cluth lines... and their loving replacement

Re: Braided cluth lines... and their loving replacement

Travis - It is relatively easy to replace the clutch line without
removing the body. I routed my stainless steel braided line alongside
the coolant pipe on the driver's side of the frame center rail. A few
nylon ties here and there to secure it, and you're good to go. The
original plastic line can be left in place (don't know why you would
do that) or pulled out from the front end. It is easier to cut the
end off that connects to the joint at the transmission to allow it to
be pulled through smoothly. My line goes from the clutch master
cylinder to the maintenance junction bracket located on the top of the
transmission, and the original hard steel line goes from there to the
slave cylinder. I looked in the Tech section for an article on this
procedure, and was surprised to find nothing. Go figure!

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1