Re: Braided cluth lines... and their loving replacement

Re: Braided cluth lines... and their loving replacement

Hi Travis,
I found it very easy to replace the plastic line with the SS line - I
simply cut the plastic one in a few places and then it was easy to
pull it off the car. The only tricky part was when putting the SS one
on, to try and thread one end of it through that hole in the chassis
and back out the other hole, at the rear of the frame... but I kept
at it, and got it through the 2 holes after about 5 minutes. Sorry
about the bad explination there, but you'll know what I mean when you
look under the car. Then simply use zip-ties/cable ties to secure the
line to a few different points along the frame to keep it from
sagging. Easy!
Where does it say the frame has to be removed to do this job?? On my
car, the plastic line ran along the bottom of the frame, and was
clearly visible the whole length of the frame.
Good luck,
John Dore, Boston.VIN #3810.