Re: [DML] Lock module

> There are many things that need to be done to the car's electrical
> system (things that go beyond the well known fixes) to make it less
> of a toaster in the making.

Gary,

Since you are a pilot you will probably have something to say about this:

I have always admired how airplanes have the wiring protected with panels of
reset-able breakers instead of fuses that blow. Despite cleaning my once
pristine fuse block and replacing many of the fuses, after the hours of
continuous driving from Tampa to Memphis & back, my fuse block has several
melted spots -- even two of the 10 amp ones! I would rather put a nice
replacement panel in there than have a tangle of pig-tail fuses as is the
vendor standard for repair. What do you think about making a panel using
CB's? They do things like this in airplanes because they can't afford to be
"stranded" in the air. But I don't like the idea that I could get mugged
while broke down in a bad neighborhood in a high-profile car.

Walt