Digital Dash

Hi folks,
I've been toying around with digital pics of my digital dash but my
cheap fixed lens Kodak can't seem to give a clear picture. A few folks
around AZ have nicer cameras and we are going to try to get some good night
time pics to post. I will throw one or two up in the files section of the
yahoogroups home page for people to see. They will probably be up before
this post clears....:)
So far I have about 4,000 miles on my digital dash and it has
performed flawlessly! The fuel gauge is dead on, too. That was the only
concern I had going into this adventure. There are four settings on the
brain for the dash for different empty/full ohm readings and we picked the
closest one to the original sender and it seems to have worked out nicely.
I talked with Curtis about his gauges too. His are much more
colorful and flashy. They suit his car well....:) When I explained the
workings of the Dakota setup with everything running off one brain and
centralized wire terminals he flipped out. Apparantly he went the tough
route with seperate brains and wiring for each gauge and it wasn't easy at
all. I, for one, loved Curtis' setup, as I love mine, but where I am
competent enough to install and remove mine, I'd have had little chance with
individual gauges, although I am getting better each week....:)
It certainly is not for everyone, but if you think it might be for you
I would enjoy talking with you about it. Dakota has done 2 of these dashes
to date. One-offs after these original two are still considered "custom" by
their standards which is over $900 with the correct senders. They promise
me that if we pool our orders at one time they can offer it as a kit in the
$500-$600 range, and then add it to their list of kits for others instead of
getting the one-off price.

Drop me a line if I have piqued your interest.

Matthew,
VIN #16816
VIN #10365