Digital Dash

OK,
I'll get some pictures on the website for everyone to see. If
you want triple digits you'll have to take the picture for me because
at that speed I am not taking my hands off the wheel or moving focus
from the road for more than it takes to scan the speed and see how
stupid I really am. Caveat: I'll even throw in at 88 MPH photo for
those BTTF fans. (This will be a lot better when Dakota perfects
their HUD assembly.)
The digital dash has another unique feature: warnings. Instead
of using warning lights, the numbers flash when you hit a preset
warning. Rob has my dash configured right. The cruise control guy
did not hook my fans back up correctly in the relay compartment and we
saw an overheat situation when they did not come on. At 240 the
temperature started flashing, showing we were getting high. He shut
down and coasted to avoid a car-be-que. Might have been ok if he
didn't open the coolant tank and let it spew. (Can you say AIR IN THE
SYSTEM?) I've since backed that down to 225 hoping that I will be
able to catch it that much sooner. I set the fuel gauge to flash at
35%. I calculated about 3 gallons remaining then. Rob set the oil
pressure gauge limit and I've not exceeded or gone under by nearly
enough to see a warning. The tach redline is set on the bargraph
display as a vertical line. The RPM indicator numbers will flash near
it as well. I really would like to see the speedometer flash, but I
think you'd have to be in excess of 250 MPH. I love my car but I have
to be honest: it wouldn't see that speed downhill in a hurricane. Not
on 91 octane pump gas anyway....:)

Matthew
VIN #10365
VIN #16816