Re: [DML] R-134a Conversion -- as a kit?

Re: [DML] R-134a Conversion -- as a kit?

Marty

My experience has been the same. My cars used to leak about 1 lb of R12 per year. Now they leak 3 lbs of 134a. THis means that the ozone depleating benefits of 134a are reduced by 66%.

I have noticed that on newer cars there is much less rubber hose and more aluminum piping. Since by definition rubber hose has some porousity, I have figured that this was done just as a good measure for the environment. However, experience has now shown that this was done because 134 does leak through hoses more easily.

Now to redesign the hoses and replace them with metal.....

BoB