Halon

(Sigh)...wrong again. Halon has been banned for the reasons you state
but it falls under the same restrictions as other CFCs affected by
the Montreal Convention. Like R12, no new stuff can be made but there
is plenty of recylced halon available.

The bottles can be refilled and are being sold every day. In fact, I
just had one refilled. There are many substitutes for halon, not just
FE 36. Read the website I posted, I deal with them all the time.

Btw, as a former maintenance engineer and ERT member in wafer fabs
for 17 years, I'll withold my opinion of the typical semicon ERT.
I quit several in disgust. I hope your team is better trained than
the ones I dealt with but your trainer needs to get his facts
straight.

>>I'm a member of an Emergency Response Team at work. During fire
training last night We were told that Halon has been banned for its
depleting of the ozone layer. Our trainer said that systems that use
Halon can still be in use, but once used cannot be refilled. There is
a new product called FE-36 Clean Guard. We use it for the
Semiconductor industry. I got to use it on a large vat filled with
kerosene that was blazing! So if your thinking about Halon, forget
it<<.